Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update Post here

Well this is just a quick update post. So after I got back from my vacation up at Brian Head Utah I got very sick, apparently from something flu like that has ben passed around at work. This has been the longest flu/cold thing I have ever had!! I am FINALLY getting it out of my system these past few days, and not a moment too soon since I have been sick now for almost 3 weeks!! Since I have been so sick I have not been able to go to the gym, which is KILLING me!!! I still eat great, and always will from now on, so I havn't gained any weight at all. But I still feel so crappy with missing the workouts. I am hoping to be able to resume my workouts starting this sunday or monday, and have decided on actually redoing the original 16 week program, modified for the gym of course, but with a little twist. I will be wearing extra weights for the entire 16 weeks, and will start out with 20 lbs extra, and will work up 5 lbs every 4 weeks. So by the time I get to week 16 I will be doing the exercises while wearing an additional 35lbs.

I decided on this because I really enjoyed Arnels 16 week program and all the intensity that it had. Even though Im modifying some stuff for the gym, I still dont get the same intensity in my workouts like I did when working out in my garage. When I start I will let you all know how it goes. Good luck to all of you that are starting your own journey in the second group! And again, thanks to all for your support! Talk to you soon.

Douglas

2 comments:

Pie said...

I am sorry to hear about your illness, but glad to hear your still motivated! Good job for still eating great and not gaining any weight. That probably helped you get better quicker! So how was it going back to the gym this week?
Don't get discouraged if you've lost a bit of strength from being sick-you'll get it back soon!

Pie
P.S. thanks for checking in on my progress :)

Unknown said...

Progress?

So how is it going with your next 15 week program? I would like to hear how you are doing with it.

Thanks,
Brian